Wednesday, January 27, 2016

A Yummy Surprise...

I am trying to eat healthier as you all know. It isn't grocery shopping day yet so I am working with what I have until Friday. Well, I recently discovered a really nice recipe that I now LOVE. There are only 4 ingredients.

Quinoa (white or red... your choice), boneless and skinless chicken, avocado, and broth (to cook the quinoa in for flavor.)

What I did was grilled the chicken with salt and pepper, cooked the quinoa  as the instrctions suggested, and plated it. 

Slice the chicken in to strips or cubes, put it over the quinoa, and top it with a few slices of fresh avocado. IT IS AMAZING!!!  
Super light and easy. I could eat this daily. And what's better, I didn't miss bread! 

I believe this would be good with any baked or grilled meat. Shrimp would be awesome.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my little meal with you. Hope you all had a pleasant evening. 
Til next time...

Stay focused! 

P.S.

I cleaned my house today. I still have some things to do but the big projects are done.  I can hardly wait for my mom to see. I am coming out of this funk slowly but surely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment