Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Image is Everything...



I hate the way my body looks now. I haven't always hated my body. There was a time in my life where I never thought about it... not in that context anyway. I remember  putting on my favorite dress and loving life. There were no thoughts of fit, whether or not it was in style, etc. I wasn't concerned with the opinions of others. 
My hair was natural and I wore no makeup. I didn't have to wear constrictive undergarments that made me hot and sweaty. Those were the days and I want them back! 

Today I went shopping for my first important event of the year. 
It was a HORRIBLE experience. 

You know how you can be one size at one store and a different size at another. Well, I went to old faithful, JC Penney, and found that I am a lot bigger than I thought. The last time I shopped there I was a size 12 in misses.  I am now (pictured above) a size 18/20W. 

I am the biggest I have ever been and have no earthly idea how to dress this body. So, I went to the Women's section of the store only to find bed sheets, curtains and couch covers. I am heavier but I still have a waist for cricket's sake! Who designs these clothes and why do they think larger women want to wear all sorts of awkward patterns in slinky jersey fabric?

My mom was with me which was awesome because she helped with the kids. 
It was just awful because I felt frumpy in everything I tried on.
I miss feeling carefree about my appearance. But I haven't felt that way in a very long time. As I sat here contemplating whether or not I would even write this post I thought back to the last time I remember feeling confident in me clothes. 
It was graduation day for my kindergarten class.  That was 30 years ago! And on the cusp of my 36th birthday, I have decided I will dedicate this year to regaining that confidence. I am taking care of ME this year. Catering to my own needs, stroking my own ego, encouraging myself! And I encourage you to do the same if you have neglected yourself the way I have. 

Too often we, caring people, do for others what we dont do for ourselves. We sit up late at night talking our friends and loved ones off the emotional ledge, go out of our way to smile at others and give random but totally heartfelt complients. So, why are we not spending an equal amount of time nurturing ourselves and fostering a good relationship with ourselves?

It is WORK rebuilding healthy confidence and self-esteem.  There are lots of layers I have to get through. And I am starting with appreciating my body. Appreciating what God gave me starts with eating better, drinking enough water, and exercising. Think about it, if you were given your dream car with unlimited resources to take care of it, would you not keep it clean, fueled, and running in tip top shape? And if anything went wrong would it even be a thought about fixing it? How much more should we take care of the most sophisticated piece of machinery ever conceived... our bodies! So, instead of taking today's experience and drowning my sorrows in a carton of butter pecan ice-cream, I will put my kids to bed and push "play" on my DVD player. I have 25 mintes a day. I will put Shaun T to the test and see if he will deliver a new and improved body in 60 days. 
I will blog here to keep accountable.  If you would like to join me click the banner below to order your copy of now. 
Once you place your order comment below and lets make this year about rediscovering US. Share this post if you found it helpful, interesting, or entertaining.

Til next time Stay Focsed! 
GET IT DONE: IN  25 MINUTES A DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment