Friday, January 8, 2016

The 5 Reasons Why You Are Still Struggling With fitness and diet And How to Fix It

There are many reasons we struggle with our fitness and exercise. But only five are repeated across the board.
1. Lack of planning. Unlike overeating we have to plan for success. People like us cannot be left up to our own devices. We have to have things in order. Meals must be prepped, the plan must be laid out, water must be readily accessible. Having a program that comes complete with a reasonable workout schedule and eating plan makes this super easy!Lillian helps me workout
2. Not drinking enough water. Yes, it's true. Water, plain, clean, filtered, unaltered watwr is what we need to flush the system.
3. Lack of sleep! It is important to allow the body to rest. That's recovery time. Our muscles recoup from our workouts and new stronger muscle tissue is built.
4. Not eating enough! Two thousand calories may sound like a lot. But the way our bodies work if we do not fuel properly it will store everything(FAMINE ALERT) Don't give your body the famine signal. Not eating enough real food tells the body food is scarce and because of that it must store energy (fat).
5. Because what is easy to do is also easy not to do. Working out is easy. Eating healthy is easy. Walking for 30 minutes after a meal is easy. But it is also easy to stay seated, eat whatever is within arms reach, and have soda instead of water.
Making the choice to change is not hard. And making time to workout is easy and convenient. Try letting the kids workout with you. Take them to the gym. In time they will be begging you to take them there daily. My kids love the gym.
My oldest is six. She takes karate and loves teaching me what she learns. I let her run a full 30 minute workout session for me. This way she gets practice and I get a workout in.
We do burpees, jumping jacks, butt kicks, sit ups, push ups, practice kick combos and punches, practice block combos, and we run laps. I get a kick out of her leading me.
My four year old loves to run. So when we walk my oldest to school she and I jog back.
And my son is almost two. He is just along for the ride. But makes a great weight to bench press, arm curl, or squat. He especially likes to sit on my back as I do pushups.
Success is not some myth. Your health and fitness isn't some far off destination. It is real and will become your daily reality soon. Until next time.... Stay focused!

No comments:

Post a Comment