Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Enter the Dragon Lady...


You see that dragon?? Yeah, that's me today. I cleaned my kids' room and over the course of a few weeks have watched it become progressively worse. I mean it is a horrid mess. The clothes I washed and put in baskets to put away later found their way to the floor, there is trash of all kinds including food, and toys EVERYWHERE! So, I have decided I had enough. 

Yesterday I told my kids to go clean their room. They did a decent job. But it wasn't "MY" kind of clean. But it was clean enough for them to see the floor. Today, you can't even see the floor. What were they doing in there??? Only God knows. 

So today... I became the dragon lady. Originally I went into their room to find their karate belts because they have class today. In order to find them I had to start cleaning. I found them and became angry which lead to a decision... Today, they will clean this room. No television, no playing, no music, no nothing! And so it is. The Dragon Lady has awakened and she will not rest until that room is clean. Not kid clean... MOM CLEAN.  I don't care how long it takes them to clean it. The silence will continue until it is done. 

I know this is a fitness blog so let me explain why I am writing about this...

I have been feeling disorganized and overwhelmed for quite some time.  I felt like I couldn't keep up with the house work, cooking dinner, watching my children, preparing my toddler for preschool, potty training my son, keeping the dog walked, church obligations (which I enjoy), and my own health and wellness as well as my husbands. What a run-on sentence, right? Well that's how I felt. Like a run-on sentence. Out of place and out of sorts. 

I preached one thing and lived another entirely. So, I had to stop. I began with getting my workouts in consistently. Now, I am working on my eating habits and getting my home to reflect the woman I am and the family I have. We are not slobs. We are not spoiled brats incapable of keeping house. We are proud, clean, and courteous. And that's what my house needs to reflect. 

Besides, what good is it to reach bikini season, reveal my bikini, and still have a house in disorder? That doesn't match. So, I am cleaning all areas of my life not just my physical health and well being. Children are fully capable of cleaning up after themselves. It is not too much to ask that they play with their toys without destroying the room. So, the tide has turned here in my home. And I must say... I am loving it. 

I encourage you to examine your life. What areas need special attention? What are the underlying reasons for those things being out of sync with the way you want to be? How do you fix it? 
For me I was over weight, my house was a mess, and I had checked out of everything including being a parent. I felt terrible about the way I looked and that lead to depression and feeling like I didn't deserve the basic things in life: a clean home, clean car, organization, nice clothes, and mindful children. But thank God All Mighty for friends and family that wouldn't let me fall through the cracks. I know now that i had to do better by Starla and then take control of everything else systematically. And you can do the same! 

Until next time...

#StayFocused 


**************** COMING TO A LIVINGROOM NEAR YOU*****************

No comments:

Post a Comment