Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Missed workouts and consequences...


 Over the weekend I missed 3 workouts. Yep.... THREE! I have since made up one and that's what this post is about.

I'm doing T-25 right now and the current bane of my existence is Total Body Circuit (alpha). Oh my goodness!!! I love it because it works my whole body but I hate it because.... it works my entire body. Usually I just have a wet face after a workout. But with T25 I am dripping sweat. With Total Body Circuit I POUR sweat. It feels like it is raining in my living room and because I missed the three workouts and I don't want to have that on record I did Total Body Circuit and Alpha Cardio in the same evening.

However, this is a good thing, right? At least that is what I am telling myself. It is going to get easier. I am going to power through these workouts one day and will be in a bikini for the first time since I was a toddler. Well worth it.

It's not so much the bikini I am after, although it is the superficial goal. I am after something a little deeper. I want to follow through with a commitment to myself. I follow through for things others ask of me but seldom do it for myself. Do you do the same?

As a Christian, I know the Bible says to love your neighbors as you love yourself. But how can I do that if I never show myself love? I can't.  Plain and simple. It is impossible to love others properly if you do not first love yourself.

Last night I took the free online 5 Love Languages Quiz.


I encourage you to take it if you haven't and retake it if it have been a while. I found out one of my main love languages is Words of Affirmation. That made me look at the way I have been speaking about myself lately and feel ashamed.

Lately I have been calling myself tired, frustrated, disorganized, and worst of all; FAT.  While I am definitely obese for my height according to the scale it is detrimental to my progress to continue talking this way.

The Bible says to speak those things that are not as though they are. This means, while I am working on my health and wellness I need to be speaking positively about the results to come. I need to say I am healthy. I am organized. I get my workouts in. I am full of energy. I am seeing results. I am slimming down. I am making positive progress. All of these things are actually true when I take my vitamins and drink the proper amount of water for the day. I feel all of these things.

It isn't until I neglect myself that I feel bad about myself and any progress I have.... or lack thereof. Therefore, I organized my daily vitamins in a medicine holder. It's a seven day holder that will help me see when I miss a day.

I plan on doing a post about the vitamins I take. It isn't a lot. But just in case you want to know the benefits I am getting from them I will make the post. I don't take a lot. I have my multivitamin, iron supplement, fish oil supplement, and CoQ10 supplement. I just started diligently taking them this week. I am pretty excited to see what the results are that I get this week in comparison to last week.
I could be psyching myself out but I feel small differences in my body already. I am getting MUCH better sleep despite still getting 5 to 6 hours of sleep versus the 8-10 I crave.    

I am also aware that there are people, maybe you are one, that would kill for 5-6 hours of uninterrupted sleep so I am grateful.
My plan is to stick to this routine until I get what I want.

I have recently started crocheting so and am making my first hat. I will post a picture of how it looks when I finish. Until next time...
Stay Focused!

If you would like to join me in working out with Shaun T's T25 click the banner below!


No comments:

Post a Comment