Thursday, February 11, 2016

Sugar Addiction and the struggle within.


Hi! I'm Starla and I am addicted to sugar.  

Fortunately I am not diabetic. But I love all things sugary. I like bread, cookies, cake, butter cream frosting, pie, custard.. pudding... the list goes on. 

Here is my dilemma:

I want to be in a bikini this summer. I want to weigh 145lbs. I want to be able to run miles without stopping. When I close my eyes I picture myself running on a long scenic road enjoying the sun and cool (not cold) breeze. 
Sugar makes me ultra sluggish. I hate how I feel after I eat it. I feel guilty on top of being tired and lately a little nauseated. The nausea comes from the guilt I feel when I eat things that are antithetical to my goals. It literally makes me sick to know the right thing to do but do the wrong things anyway. I am trying, however, to steer clear of developing a negative relationship with any food item. I don't want to be so anti-sugar that I become radical and annoying. I also don't want to end up depriving myself so drastically that I binge. I have done that in the past. 

It is difficult for me. It is a constant mental battle because I have a husband who has a sweet tooth and 3 small children. Yesterday my husband asked me to make him some oatmeal cookies with craisins and raisins in them. I got the idea to make the kids some chocolate chip cookies also. So I made both. I ate 4 cookies and immediately felt gross. I wanted that sugar out of my body almost as soon as I put it in. 

I have quite a bit of work to do mentally and physically to get to my ultimate fitness goal. Last week I had made some really great progress. I would hate to sabatoge it all this week by eating the wrong foods, missing workouts, and just being lazy overall. 

Part of me wishes I could afford a personal trainer and nutritionist. But, I know noone can do this for me. I cannot delegate my health and wellness to anyone else. I have to focus, exercise discipline and maturity, and stick to the process even when I physically do not want to. 

I just want to encourage you, before you see a picture of  me in a bikini along side my before picture, to know and understand this journey is not without its hurdles. Sugar is my first hurdle. It seems like the biggest, longest, and hardest one to overcome. 
But with practice it can and will be overcome. I will be triumphant. I will be victorious! 
I must be. There is no room for failure this year. 









It's pretty early in my day. I have plenty of time to make up lastnight's workout and do tonight's as well. So, until next time... 

#StayFocused! 

YOU CAN DO ANYTHING! DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE DETAILS, JUST GET BUSY GOING IN THE DIRECTION OF YOUR GOAL. NEVER STOP. NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER QUIT! 



ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment